Wednesday 19 November 2014

Liebster Award!

The Liebster Blog Award has been around the blog world for some time and it works like a kind of chain mail. The Award is awarded from one blog owner to up to 11 of his/her favorite blogs (hence the Liebster which means favorite in Germany). He/she asks the awarded blog owner 11 questions which have to be answered.

I have been nominated by Michelle and Anne of Crochet Between Two Worlds. Thrilled that I've been nominated as somebody's favourite blog - woohoo! (Well, you know, one of, lol).




So, now I am to answer 11 questions, and I'm sure you are all sitting on the edge of your seats. :P

Here we go:

1. What is the name of your blog? And what does the name mean?
Ha ha. You're probably going to be sorry you asked this. My blog is called "Get Knotted Yarn Craft" and the name was suggested by my husband. I'm originally from Scotland. Over there, "Get knotted!!!" Means - get lost, or go away. LOL. I run a large facebook group and I was venting about an uproar on the group wall. My husband looked at me and said "It's crochet, what is there to be cranky about? You should start a page and call it "Get Knotted" and thus #GK was born. ;)
2. How many blogs do you follow?
A handful, and sporadically at that. At the moment I just don't have enough time. I'm too busy researching lovely stuff to share with everyone, or trying to design my own, or fulfilling requests, or a million other things. ;)




3. Do you have a creative soul? 
Yes. I always have and always will. Creating and teaching and sharing - it's at the very core of my being. Take that away from me and I am a husk. Everything I look at has the potential to be worked into a design for something else. I look at the world through the lenses of inspiration sources. Everything is a source. I have more interests and hobbies than you can poke a stick at - it's how I relate to the world.




4. At what age did you learn to crochet or knit?
I was 4 when I learned to knit. My Mum used to knit a lot. I remember her making school jumpers for our friends' sons. I don't know whether it was a birthday or Christmas, but I remember asking and asking to learn, and one day I had a set of tiny yellow needles and some tiny balls of coloured yarn. I made the longest ugliest scarf you have ever seen. It expanded and contracted irrationally and it had holes as well. But I was knitting just like Mummy and I was thrilled to bits.



I learned to crochet when I was 12. My Mum's best friend was teaching her, and I asked to be included. I made a square of trebles, then I did a row of granny's in every stitch on the final row. It of course buckled wildly. I played with it a bit, then I sewed up one side and turned it into a tube dress for my barbie. She could wear it either way, ruffles at the bottom for a Spanish feel, or ruffles at the top for a prom queen look. LOL.
I didn't get back into it until I was in my early twenties. Even then, it was a shawl and a layette set for my nephew - that I finished when he was 13 LOL. It's only in the last two years that my yarn art has taken off.
Well, there you go. Now you know me a bit better. ;) As for my nominations, I'll have to think about that for a bit. It can't be just ANY blog - it has to be my favourite. WATCH THIS SPACE.
<3





5. What are your future projects?
Well, we're doing the flower cushion by Attic 24 and the groovyghan by Tracy St John as CAL's next year, so yes, they will be there. Other than that, I'm trying to hold off on committing to stuff as I want to focus more on designing. 




6. Why do you blog?
To reach a different kind of audience. In Facebook it is much more intense and instant and the page moves on and stuff happens go go go. In a blog - it's there forever. People can find what you have shared years down the track - years after you are gone maybe? Here I can store my free patterns, and share my thoughts and joys with you all, and hopefully, together we can create something beautiful. <3





7. What will your Christmas look like this year?
Hot probably drought-like and very very busy. My parents are talking about coming down to stay for Christmas which would be awesome. We're a clergy family, so Christmas is always a little insane here. ;)



8. What are your plans for 2015?
No set plans as such. Lose weight always appears in the New Year's list lol. I'd like to focus more on designing and building my blog and Facebook pages up. 





9. If you could travel anywhere, which 3 places would you visit and why? 
1. Neuschwanstein Castle - I just love it. I have ALWAYS wanted to go there ever since I heard about it as a teen. 
2. UK - to see my family
3. Italy - we had a brief holiday there. I would love to explore it more



10.What made you smile today?
The sound of my boys playing together and giggling like loons. Nothing makes me smile more than the sound of someone I love, laughing. ;)





11. What do you do on a rainy Sunday?
We go to church. (See question 7). Rain, hail or shine, Sunday sees us in church.



Well, there you go. Now you know me a bit better. ;) As for my nominations, I'll have to think about that for a bit. It can't be just ANY blog - it has to be my favourite. WATCH THIS SPACE.

<3


5 comments:

  1. Great answers! It's like getting to know you a bit better! Thanks for sharing :)

    Take care
    Anne
    http://crochetbetweentwoworlds.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nominating me. I had real fun doing these! <3

      Delete
  2. If I had a blog I'd definitely nominate you as one of my favourite bloggers. You inspire and have an eye for gorgeous work. You are also guilty of forcing me to take on a gazillion projects....but I can live with that:) I smiled at your explanation of your blog name, only because being Irish we share similar sayings and I'm well aware of this one:) I hope your blog is picked as best as it's well deserving! Jennifer xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a lovely thing to say! Thank you <3
      As for the gazillion... My work space is yarn bombed with WIP's. ;) My ravelry list would take several lifetimes. Sounds like we have some things in common. :D

      Delete
  3. I've really enjoyed reading your Liebster response and getting to know you better. "Get Knotted" has the same meaning in Australia too! That story made me smile - good for you and clever idea from your husband. My husband looked over at my screen to see what I was looking at and he saw your chart of crochet stitches up there and says "Oooh look - hydroglyphics!" that made me laugh. Is that what you get when you put a crochet chart underwater? hehehe I wonder whether that chart is in the public domain or not, because I would like to use it (or something similar) and put it on my blog with my hubby's silly caption. I also like your "mothers of little boys" proverb - can totally relate to that one. Your project choices for next year are fabulous. I admired those designs when I first saw them so will be checking your blog for your progress!
    Congrats on your Liebster nomination and thanks for sharing - pleased to meet you :-)

    ReplyDelete